These days, you can do just about anything with cauliflower. Rice it, mash it, make pizza crust, and I even saw cauliflower gnocchi the other day! It is amazing. I absolutely love how people are transforming every day foods into magic.
My favorite thing to do with cauliflower is to mash it. The way I’ve found it easiest and tastes the best is boiling it down, tossing it in the food processor, and boom DONE. It literally tastes like mashed potatoes. I’ve eating this with fried eggs for breakfast, with a pork roast, and the best is honestly just by itself.
Give this a try! It’s a great food to meal prep ahead of time and have on hand in the fridge for the week. Delicious, creamy, and will even fool the picky eaters into thinking it’s potatoes!
1 Head of Cauliflower
2 Tbsp Grass Fed Butter (if Whole30, use Ghee)
1/4 Cup Plant Milk (I used coconut milk)
1 Tbsp Sea Salt
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Parsley, dried
- Fill a large pot about 1/2 way with water and bring to a boil.
- Remove the core and leaves from the head of cauliflower and add to the boiling water.
- Boil about 30-45 minutes, or until the cauliflower is super, super soft; almost falling apart.
- Drain the water from the pot, and add your cooked cauliflower to a food processor (be careful; my first round, I spilled mine EVERYWHERE).
- Add butter, plant milk, and seasonings to the cauliflower and blend until smooth. It may take a few minutes, stirring a few times to achieve this texture.
- Once smooth, transfer your mashed cauliflower to a bowl and serve with your favorite dishes!
If you enjoyed this recipe, post a photo and tag @PumpAndCrunch on FaceBook or Instagram!
Yours In Health,