If you’re looking for your next dish to bring to a BBQ, pool party, or even a simple, no-hassle weeknight dinner, I have the perfect dish for you! My Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Shredded Pork is to die for. I absolutely love Slow Cookers because they are a little piece of heaven for my fellow busy bee’s. After this meat has been cooking for hours, it shreds like butter and is so incredibly flavorful, juicy, versatile, and the perfect mix of sweet and spicy. It can be used in tacos, lettuce wraps, sandwiches, salads, by itself, or even with a fried egg for breakfast. Get creative! I absolutely cannot wait for you to try it. This recipe is also Paleo and Whole 30 approved.
4 Lb Pork Shoulder
1 Large White Onion, diced
1 Jalapeño, seeded and minced
3 Fresh Garlic Cloves, minced
2 Fresh Limes, juiced
1-1/2 Cup Orange Juice (or freshly juiced oranges)
2 Cups Chicken Broth
1 Tbsp Sea Salt
1 Tsp Black Pepper
2 Tsp Ground Cumin
2 Tsp Ground Oregano
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and brown pork shoulder on all sides; about 10-15 minutes.
- Once browned, place the pork into your Slow Cooker along with the rest of the ingredients. Mix well and coat pork with the juice.
- Cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- Once cooked, shred the meat with two forks and combine into the sauce.
- Garnish with lime wedges and fresh cilantro. ENJOY!
If you enjoyed this recipe, post a photo and tag @PumpAndCrunch on FaceBook or Instagram!
Yours In Health,