Are you ready for the greatest recipe of all time? I experimented with Brisket in a Pressure Cooker recently, just to play with it and see how it came out…. AND IT WAS EFFING BOMB. This recipe for my Easy and Healthy Pressure Cooker Brisket is not only bulletproof, but it takes less than 15 minutes to prep and 90 minutes to cook (WHUT?!).
I’ve had brisket many times before and it’s absolutely delicious. I’ve had it when it was cooked alllll day long through multiple methods leading to it being so flavorful and falling apart. I’ve tasted good brisket, and this recipe is just as good. MINUS the whole “cooking all day” deal. No disrespect to those who prepare brisket that way, I just don’t have the time or tools to do it! SO, my prized possession, aka. my Pressure Cooker, had to do.
When prepared in a pressure cooker, food takes way less time to cook and requires less energy! This is why it’s my favorite. I’m a busy human, and I respect the free time of other busy humans, which is why you’ll find that almost all of my recipes are quick, easy, healthy, and taste damn good.
If you love meat and have a Pressure Cooker, TRUST ME and make this. I can’t wait for you to try it! We love to eat this Easy and Healthy Pressure Cooker Brisket over my Cauliflower “Mashed Potatoes” for a healthy, clean, and low carbohydrate option.
Let’s Get Cooking!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 White Onion, chopped
- 1 Poblano Pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 2 Cups Brussels Sprouts, chopped in halves
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Filtered Water
- 3.5 lb Brisket
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- Press the “Sauté” button on your Pressure Cooker.
- Add olive oil and chopped onions, poblano peppers, garlic, and brussels to the pot and sauté about 5 minutes.
- Add all seasonings, chicken broth, and water and stir to combine well.
- Add raw brisket to the pot and cover with the veggies and broth.
- Place the top on your Pressure Cooker, make sure the pressure valve is set to closed, and cook on the “Meat” setting for and an hour and 15 minutes.
- Once timer goes off, let sit for 10 minutes, let steam out of the pressure valve, and remove lid.
- Slice your brisket on a chopping board, place in a dish and pour veggies and sauce over the top (OMGOSHYUM).
- Garnish with green onions and serve how you like ’em! – I recommend serving over my Cauliflower “Mashed Potatoes”
Yours In Health,