EASY, HEALTHY EGG SALAD! One of the most fantastic recipes and a great addition to your weekly meal prep menu. I was randomly craving egg salad the other day and I’m so happy I decided to whip up a batch. It’s creamy, so flavorful, and takes just a few minutes to put together.
I ate my egg salad this morning for breakfast before heading out to coach the last day of Orangetheory’s Hell Week classes! Coaching Orangetheory requires a lot of running around, cueing intervals over the microphone, demonstrating exercises, correcting form in the weight room, and motivating my members on the treadmills and rowers. Even though I’m not actually completing the workout, I still need to eat as if I were! I fuel up big time before heading into work shifts at OTF.
Because I’m so busy with my work schedule, I need to have food on deck to grab and go when I’m in between classes! Check out my blog post Meal Prepping: What is it and why do I do it? for all the juicy details about meal prepping and how it can be as beneficial to you as it is to me.
This morning, I paired my egg salad with some meal prepped sautéed broccoli and cauliflower and it was delish! Healthy, easy as heck, and delicious. This egg salad recipe came out super great! I can’t wait for you to make it. Also, it tastes WAY better than a plain boiled egg by itself, right? Might as well take your boiled eggs to the next level with this recipe!
Let’s Get Cooking!
Total Time: 15 minutues
- 6 Cage Free, Organic Eggs
- 1.5 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo (light mayo works here as well OR greek yogurt)
- 1.5 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Honey Mustard Salad Dressing (can also use dijon mustard OR light honey mustard dressing)
- 1/8 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Green Onions, chopped
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Add eggs and boil for 7 minutes. Remove from water and let sit to cool.
- Remove shells from boiled eggs and separate yolks from whites in two separate bowls.
- Mash egg yolks with a fork into a paste and add mayo, honey mustard, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Chop egg whites into small pieces and add into the yolk mixture.
- Fold the whites into the yolk mixture until your salad forms.
- Add chopped green onions and fold into the egg salad as well!
- Save as meal prep for the week or eat it up!
I enjoy my easy, healthy egg salad on it’s own, over a piece of toasted wheat bread, or over a salad! How do you enjoy yours?
Yours In Health,