Hello dearest squirrels and Happy Tuesday, squirrels! New recipe coming ‘atcha today from last night’s episode of my live cooking show on Instagram and FaceBook Cooking With Cail. Last night we prepped one of my absolute favorite side dishes that can be made year round, Roasted Brussels Sprouts! Yesterday we “FALLified” my typical go-to recipe with a few extra ingredients like fresh honey crisp apples and dried cranberries. If you love alllll things FALL flavored, check out a few of my other Fall recipes like my Fall Butternut Squash Soup, Paleo Pumpkin Bread, Stuffed Delicata Squash, or GrassFed Beef Pumpkin Chili.
All of the recipes I cook are quick, easy, and usually contain ingredients I already have on deck. I’m a busy busy gal and sometimes there isn’t enough time to get to the store, so we have to make due with what we’ve got! CAN I GET AN AMEN? (Faint sound heard from the distance…. AMEN CAIL!) I get we’re all busy, we’ve all got a ton of stuff going on, but these roasted brussels sprouts are meant for you busy souls out there. Take 5 minutes out of your evening to chop the veggies, while you’re bathing your kid (or yourself) they’ll be in the oven cooking, and before you know it, you have a delicious and healthy side dish that the whole fam will love. Easy as pie! – or Brussels sprouts 😉
If you haven’t tuned in on Mondays at 6pm Central Time, check out my cooking show! We always have a ton of fun and I bring you a new recipe weekly. Fun Fact as well: I make the recipes up as I go. It’s literally an impromptu show where anything could go wrong but we wing that sh*t. Because in life, sometimes (a lot of times) you just gotta wing it, right?
Let’s Get Cooking!
Prep Time: 5-8 minutes (Depending on how fast ya can chop veggies)
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 4 Cups Brussels, chopped in halves (ends chopped off also, if that’s your preference)
- 2 Cups Honeycrisp Apples, diced
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 3 Tbsp Goat Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbsp Colorado Spice Garlic Pepper & Herb Rub
- Contains: Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic, Onion, Celery Seed, Cayenne Pepper, Parsley
- Any seasoning blend works fine here!
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add chopped brussels, apples, cranberries, avocado oil, seasoning blend, and break up goat cheese into crumbles. Stir to coat everything in seasoning and oil.
- Pour onto a baking sheet and place into the oven.
- Bake at 400F for 45 minutes. Remove at mid point to toss veggies then return back into the oven for the second half.
- Once finished, remove from oven and stir again. Serve with your favorite main course!
These Roasted Fall Brussels Sprouts are truly one of my absolute favorites. I made it for my family last year for Thanksgiving! Except I added bacon to it….. which you should totally do the same. I didn’t add it to this one because I didn’t have any in my house when making this on my live video yesterday! But let me tell ya, bacon is a NICE AF addition to this recipe. I can’t wait for you to try!
Yours In Health,
For information regarding my virtual Meal Prep Services, hit me up!
I’d love to hear from you and help you achieve your goals today!