Yesterday on this week’s Episode of #CookingWithCail, we made BAKED BREAKFAST EGG CUPS of a few different styles and they came out absolutely delish. These are a perfect recipe that you can add into your weekly meal prep to make life easier for you and your family in the mornings. These egg cups are also super fun to make, especially for kids! (Or just adults, either way ;))
The best part about this recipe is that you can get as creative as you want. This is my “clean out the fridge” meal that is not only tasty, but super healthy and also convenient. You can use any fillers you’d like in your egg cups, but I’ll show you how I made mine with what I had left in the fridge this week!
Let’s Get Cooking!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Serves: 2 people (Can double this recipe for more cups!)
- 6 Cage Free, Organic Eggs, cracked into bowl and beaten with a fork until combined
- 1/2 Cup Organic Ground Bison (any other protein works great here as well)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped, Raw Bacon (flavor and cut of your choice)
- 1/2 Roma Tomato, diced
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Dill, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Goat Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Seasoning blend of your choice (I used my favorite blend from Colorado Spice called Garlic Pepper Herb Rub which contains salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary, cumin, and fennel.)
- A cajun seasoning blend works great here as well if you want to add an extra KICK!
- If you don’t have any seasoning blends, just add a combined 1 Tbsp of Salt & Pepper.
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray (Any cooking spray works here as well)
- Cupcake Sheet Pan
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, crack all eggs and beat with a fork until combined and smooth. Add seasoning blend of choice and stir again. Set aside.
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Add ground bison (or ground meat of choice) and sauté until browned. Remove from pan, set aside.
- In same pan, add chopped raw bacon and cook until crispy. Remove from heat, set aside.
- Spray cupcake sheet pan with cooking spray and coat the insides of 6 cups on the pan.
- Fill each of the 6 cups about 3/4 of the way with the beaten, raw, seasoned eggs.
- Now, time to add the fillings! Here’s how I did mine:
- Meat Lovers: Ground Bison, Bacon, Chunk of Goat Cheese, Green Onions
- Veggie Lovers: Chopped Tomatoes, Fresh Dill, Fresh Cilantro
- Bake raw egg cups at 400F for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool for about 10 minutes. Remove from cupcake tin and set aside for your breakfasts during the week!
If you enjoyed this recipe, post a photo and tag @PumpAndCrunch on FaceBook or Instagram 🙂
Yours In Health,