HELLO OCTOBER & HELLO FALL!
Can you even believe that it’s alreadyyyyyy October 1st? I can’t. This summer went by so crazy fast, but I’m not going to lie… I am super pumped for some cooler weather. I was telling one of my Orangetheory classes this morning that I hate being cold, but I love bundling up in the cold. Does that make sense? They said yes, but they could have just been telling me that because I was wearing the microphone lol.
It’s not only one of the most popular months of the year, but it’s just a new month in general. October brings the excitement of the holidays, new fall flavors and recipes, Halloween, and soon to be Thanksgiving then Christmas! It’s going to be an amazing next few months. It’s October, of course, but it’s a new month in general. New months bring new adventures, opportunities, friendships, and personal developments. With the start of a new month, it gives us the opportunity to set new goals and intentions of what we want to accomplish in the following few weeks. Here are a few things I want to accomplish in October:
- Getting my SQRL Protein Bars Approved by the FDA. – I’ve been stuck in the mud with my protein bars for the past few months – having a hard time finding motivation to get the business going and I know exactly why. Because it’s difficult! Calling myself out here, but sometimes when things are difficult, I tend to stray away from them instead of face it head on. So this month, my plan is to charge forward with my bars and get them approved and in some stores!
- Start a YouTube Channel for Pump&Crunch. – I’ve been posting my #CookingWithCail FaceBook and Instagram Live videos the past two weeks, and I’m absolutely loving it. Instead of keeping my videos contained on one platform, I want to branch out and start making REAL videos to post to my very own YouTube channel!
- Start Pinning my Recipes to Pinterest. – One of the many things I learned from the Tastemaker’s Conference is that Pinterest is a huge outlet for bloggers. Pinning all of my images to Pinterest will allow me to broaden my viewers and start pulling more people towards my website! So exciting.
- Work on Time Management. – This is a big one. I tend to put more on my plate than I can handle. Anyone else? This month I am going to imput everything I have to get done on a daily basis into Google Calendars, stay organized and ahead, and leave enough time each day for ME.
Setting goals is HUGE! Small or large, setting goals for yourself will give you something to work towards. Even if you don’t get them done in the time limit you’re setting for yourself, still give yourself a finish line. Keep working at the things you want to accomplish, because when you finally get them done, it is the best feeling in the world. Set your monthly intentions TODAY!
Let’s be basic AF here for a quick second and talk Pumpkin. It’s October, we know this. But now, everrrrrrrrrything Pumpkin is making it’s appearance. I’m not one of the crazy obsessed Pumpkin people, but I do like Pumpkin Candles and anything that involves cinnamon. Yummy! I actually keep a “Fall Harvest” candle from Bath & Body Works burning year round. It’s my favorite.
Being a food blogger, I enjoy experimenting with seasonal flavors and creating recipes to share with my people. It also makes cooking that much more fun. If you love fall flavors, check out my Pumpkin Chili as well!
Today I baked up my very first loaf of banana bread, and tossed in some Pumpkin Puree just for the hell of it. It’s Paleo, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, and just damn delicious. So easy to throw together also! If you’re in the house for a few house during this week or weekend, toss this bad boy in the oven to make your house small like literal heaven and impress everyone around!
Let’s Get Cooking!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: ~1 hour 20 minutes
- 2 Cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 2 Ripened Bananas, masked with a fork
- 3 Beaten Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Pureé
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Ripened Banana for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and sea salt. Stir with a fork to ensure no lumps.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas, beaten eggs, pumpkin pureé, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Combine wet ingredients and dry ingredients. Stir well.
- Grease a 9×15″ baking dish with coconut oil or cooking spray and pour batter into it.
- Flatten batter with a spoon in the dish.
- Peel ripened banana for garnish and cut down the center, length-wise. Place into the batter, seed-side up. Make sure to press the banana down into the batter.
- Bake bread at 400F for 1 hour 15-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy with your coffee in the morning for breakfast, as a mid-day snack, or topped with your favorite ice-cream for dessert after dinner. I can’t wait for you to try this bread. My best friends (Jeff & Lindsay) loved it, and you will too! Yaaaayy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, post a photo and tag @PumpAndCrunch on FaceBook or Instagram 🙂
Yours In Health,