Meatloaf is definitely one of those comfort foods everyone knows and loves. Today I took the traditional meatloaf recipe, put an Asian spin on it, and they came out GREAT! I can’t wait for you to try!
Let’s get cooking!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Makes: 12 regular sized cups
- 2 Lb Ground Venison (Sub bison, beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Aminos (sub soy sauce)
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup White Onion, minced
- 1 Celery Stalk, minced
- 2 Large Carrots, peeled and minced
- I used purple carrots, hence what looks like “blueberries” in the cups – not blueberries, just carrots!
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium sized skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add white onion, celery, carrots, salt, and pepper and sauté until veggies soften; about 5-7 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and the cooked vegetables and combine well.
- Coat muffin tin with oil spray (I used my Evo Olive Oil Sprayer from Amazon).
- Spoon meat mixture into the muffin tins and fill to the top. Make sure to pack it in each because the cups shrink as they cook!
- Bake meatloaf muffins for 20 minutes at 400F.
- Remove from the oven and top with your favorite Asian Inspired Sauce.
- I used a Soy Ginger Marinade I found at Costco, but any teriyaki, hoisin, etc. type sauce would work great here!
- Once you top them with your sauce of choice, pop back in the oven for 10 more minutes to caramelize the sauce.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy!
These are so perfect to eat with your eggs for breakfast, pop on a salad for lunch, or eat with roasted veggies for dinner. The perfect meal prep idea if you’re busy during the week. If you’re not an Asian food lover, try my traditional Meatloaf recipe HERE!
If you enjoyed this recipe, post a photo and tag @PumpAndCrunch on FaceBook or Instagram 🙂
Yours In Health,