A healthy alternative to one of your favorites! This Thai inspired recipe is absolutely delicious and a lower calorie option to the traditional Pad Thai we all love and enjoy. Spaghetti squash is such a versatile vegetable, is easy as pie to cook up, and tastes great! They’re plentiful in the fall and winter seasons, but you can find them on occasion at your local grocery store during the spring and summer months.
I also love to eat spaghetti squash in the place of noodles in a spaghetti, in a stir fry with vegetables, or even by itself seasoned with salt, pepper, fresh basil, and some feta cheese!
Let’s get cooking!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Serves: 3 people
Pad Thai Ingredients:
1 Spaghetti Squash
2 Chicken Breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Creamy Almond Butter
1 Tbsp Raw, Organic Honey
1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Aminos
1 Tsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tsp Fish Sauce
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
1/2 Tsp Fresh Ginger, grated
1/4 Cup Filtered Water
Unsalted Chopped Cashews, Fresh Cilantro, Green Onions for garnish
- Prepare your Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out all seeds and rhine.
- Sprinkle the flesh of squash with salt and black pepper, then place face-down on a baking sheet.
- Fill baking sheet with about 1/2 inch of water.
- Bake squash for 40-50 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes, then shred with a fork into a separate bowl.
- While squash cooks, heat coconut oil in a medium skillet.
- Cut raw chicken breasts into about 1 inch cubes and cook through on medium heat, about 10-15 minutes.
- Combine all sauce ingredients into a bowl and whisk until as smooth as possible.
- Drain juice from chicken. Add chicken back to pan on low heat, and add sauce to the chicken. Stir to combine, about 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add shredded cooked spaghetti squash, chicken and sauce mixture, and chopped cashews, cilantro, and green onions (as much as you’d like). Combine well, now time to garnish!
- Top with more chopped cashews, cilantro, and green onions, then SERVE!
If you enjoyed this recipe, post a photo and tag @PumpAndCrunch on FaceBook or Instagram 🙂
Yours In Health,