Need a quick, healthy dinner that not only you, but even your kids will love? Even if they say “Ugh mom, no not fish”, just tell them there’s butter on it and they’ll probably be swayed a bit. This salmon recipe is basically bulletproof! Usually, while the main portion of your dinner cooks, you prepare the sides, right? Well for this one – flip it. The salmon cooks so quickly that you’ll have to prepare it while the sides cook. Or if you’re feeling extra frisky, you can even toss some veggies ON THE SAME PAN (omg) AS THE SALMON and they’ll finish at the same time. How insane is that? That’s exactly what I did because I prefer things that can be done in 10 minutes rather than 20… who wouldn’t? I threw some chopped squash and zucchini on the pan with the salmon, cooked them for the same time (because I like my veggies a bit crunchy still), and when I pulled the whole pan out in under 10 minutes, dinner was ready to go! Super efficient, I have to say. I’ve also done this salmon on the stove as well as in the oven. Both take just about the same amount of time to cook. Choose your favorite and let’s get FISHY!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6-10 minutes
Fresh, Wild Caught Salmon Filets
Fresh (or dried) Dill, chopped
Grass Fed Butter (I use KerryGold) – If you’re Whole30, use Ghee
Fresh Lemon Juice
Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Pat salmon filets dry with a paper towel and place on your baking sheet skin down about an inch or two apart.
- Sprinkle the top of each filet with salt, pepper, and dill. Squeeze lemon juice on each and place 1 small piece of grass-fed butter (or ghee) on each filet.
- Depending on the thickness of your filets, cook each half inch of fish 4-6 minutes – 4 minutes will give you salmon that is a touch rare, and 6 minutes will cook it through. My filets were about 1 inch thick, so I baked mine for about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
EASY AS FISH, I mean PIE.
If you enjoyed this recipe, post a photo and tag @PumpAndCrunch on FaceBook or Instagram 🙂
Yours In Health,